04 January 2022

Talk About it Tuesday - Self-Induced Pressure

 


One of my biggest failings is the pressure I place on myself to get things done.  I make my lists, I have my plans and when something throws a wrench into the works, I have panic and guilt.  Because it seems like everyone else can do this Adulting thing, but I fail time and again.


In reality, I know that isn't the case.  Everyone struggles with things.  Things fall through the cracks for everyone.  The important thing isn't what you miss when you fall but how you pick yourself back up when you're done.  And that is something I'm getting better at doing.


What made me want to talk about this today?  The fact that this post is coming out at all. I spent much of the day in bed because I slept badly enough that I was dealing with back spasms.  I was better by the time tonight came around and, while I decided that I didn't want to try to working on the cleaning plans I had, I could sit down and write.  So I checked out what I'd said I was going to write about and saw "What I Want".


"What the hell did I mean by that?" my brain screamed.  Did I want to talk about the changes that I want to make for the upcoming year?  I talked about that yesterday.  Was I thinking about talkin about what I want for the education system?  I don't have the brain for that.  I considered just junking the idea of writing at all today.  But the pressure to not let things fall off here again, after having missed for so many months.  But what do I have the brain power to write about?  


So I decided that I'd write this.  Because I am pressuring myself to do at least something.  It's words on a page.  And it may be weird and boring but at least I've done something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joining in the insanity...